Friday, February 25, 2011

Everett Samuel Merkel

I had so counted on this being a happy, excited entry in my blog. I don't think I'm ready to say much more than to quote the two things my precious daughter has already posted. First this, on Wednesday, February 23rd:
Thank you all so much for your sweet words and prayers. Everett Samuel Merkel was stillborn this afternoon at 1:40. He weighs 6 pounds 8 ounces, and is 19 inches long. While we don't understand why this happened, Jason and I trust that God is good, and His thoughts and plans for us are for our good and His glory. We continue to covet your prayers.
And then this, yesterday evening:
The outpouring of prayers and love for our family has truly been overwhelming. While I haven't been able to respond personally to each comment and message, know that your words have been a blessing in our time of grief. Our sorrow is Everett's joy, and we rejoice in the knowledge that we will be reunited with him because of God's sacrifice of His own Son. Praise God!
And while I am heartbroken for my darling girl and her husband -- who has been her pillar and comfort, even in his own grief -- I am also amazed and encouraged by their strength and courage. It is comforting to see that in their sorrow, there is also joy. God is good.

Everett will always be loved.

And that is worth my smile.

:)