Wednesday, February 9, 2011

owl finish . . .

I took optimum advantage of being laid up yesterday. The benefits?

My knee feels much better . . . and Everett's Owl Quilt! is finished! Labeled and everything!

The binding went on nicely -- you'd have never known I had trouble with two of my four corners! Thank goodness for that.

All in all, I think it looks fun, and it will be a wonderful finishing touch to all the darling nursery!

Tomorrow night Todd & I are meeting Joc & Jason for dinner. I'll bring this to her so she can put it up. She's due ONE WEEK from today! Oh gracious!!!

And since I had been holding off doing any other project until the nursery project was *completely* finished, when the last stitch was in on the label, I went straight to my orange & purple BOM and sashed it off . . .

I LOVE this orange!

I'll square these off at 12", but not until I've quilted each of the sixteen squares. I'll back & bat these soon, so I can go ahead and quilt them. And my timing is great -- I have to take these to Patches & Stitches on Friday to pick up my next two. And I got a sneak peak -- they're flying geese. Yikes!


Owl-in-owl, I'd say it was a good day!

:)