Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Block Party! Sounds Fun, I'm In

Fresh Poppy Design

I am participating in the Block Party being hosted by Quilt Story. They are taking entries in three categories of blocks: Traditional, Modern and Creative. I don't have a Traditional entry but I do have something for the other two categories. (And guess what? There's not a single selvage in either block, can you believe it?)

For the modern category, here's one of my Fussy Cut Scrappy Squares. The block is my own design and is a great way to use scraps! It's a 12.5 inch square. I wrote a tutorial for the block. The link is on my sidebar if you're interested in giving it a try.

Below is a quilt I made using all blocks like this.

Visitors who've been here before have already seen this, but I couldn't resist a chance to post it again. It's my No Rhyme Nor Reason Quilt and it was a Christmas gift for my husband.

For my Creative category entry, this is a house block I made for a swap. It is also 12.5 inches, free-pieced as I went along.
-
Click the block party button above to see lots of other great blocks or maybe enter one yourself. It's a neat way to get inspired and find new blogs to read.
-
Happy Quilting!