Monday, February 21, 2011

Modern Basics {Book Review}

I am so honored today to be able to review Amy's new book Modern Basics.
Let me tell you a little story. About a year and a half ago I stumbled across this blog called Park City Girl. I was so excited because I live about 15 minutes away from Park City, UT and was ecstatic about the idea that there was someone so close to me that had such a fun blog. I contacted Amy and realized that she actually lived in a little town near Park City, she lived in Heber, the same town as me!
Amy and I exchanged several emails and finally met in October of 2009. Amy has become one of my really good friends since then. 
Shortly after I met Amy she told me a little secret about herself. She was writing a book! Amy needed a little help with the machine quilting of her 14 beautiful quilts and I was the lucky one that got to machine quilt each one of her quilts. 
While quilting these quilts I became extremely fond of Amy's unique designs, I loved how simplicity yet detail that each pattern contains. 
Above is a sneak peak of my favorite quilt in the book, it was very hard to choose but there is just something about this Knotted Squares that I love!
Right now you can pick up an autographed copy of Amy's book here. You can also find it on Amazon here.

Amy is also giving away a copy of her book Modern Basics. To enter to win a copy of Modern Basics simply become a follower of this blog and then leave one comment! Winner will be announced March 6, 2011.

You can enter to win this book each day for the next 12 days. Check out each of the blogs below to see how to enter.


SewCalGal 2/22/2011
Terri's Notebook 2/24/2011
Crazy Mom Quilts 2/25/2011
Wild Card Quilts 2/26/2011
BumbleBeans 2/27/2011
Fat Quarter Shop 2/28/2011
Fat Quarterly 3/4/2011
Amylouwho 3/5/2011

*Giveaway is now closed


Don't miss our sale @ Piece N Quilt!
 For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia
{Connect with us}

youtubei