Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blue and Green Quilt Top

The blue and green patchwork quilt for my son's birthday is now in quilt top form. I sewed the rows together yesterday. That process always takes longer than I expect with the pinning and ironing involved. I am not an experienced pinner as I only pin when ab-so-lute-ly necessary. It was necessary here as I needed to have all the corner seams match.
There were a few row mix-ups in the row sewing process. My two "helpers" sometimes make "design decisions" without me realising. (That is, my office/sewing room is just off our play room and since I like to lay the quilt out on the playroom floor, when I leave it unattended the kids sometimes have fun with it) Anyway, I doubt the rows above are in whatever order I had chosen at first, but at least there aren't any two squares exactly the same beside each other which is my goal.
These are two fabrics I really like and they both make nice novelty fussy cuts. They are Michael Miller fabrics. The left is called "Affirmations" and the right is "Tasty Escape." Tasty Escape has a nice big repeat. The Affirmations fabric actually has a typo! in it -- and not even in the selvage but in the fabric itself. The word Possibilities is spelled without one of the "i"s so I always have to cut around that part. But otherwise, I really like the motivational words on it.

I am going to quilt this myself. These were the two thread choices I let my son pick between. As I predicted, he picked the variegated thread.
-
Happy Quilting. And I'm linking up to ...

Fresh Poppy Design