Monday, February 28, 2011

Slumbering Spring


Can you feel it?

That quiet quiver that's happening right now...

under the earth, and in each tree...

that wondrous life affirming energy,

gearing up to soon burst forth...

Yes! Beautiful, blessed Springtime is just around the corner!


I don't know about each of you, but there is no doubt that I am hugely effected by the seasons, and February comes close to doing me in each year!

But hooray, for today is the last of February, and tomorrow ushers in March, which also ushers in springtime... for which I am profoundly grateful! (Tomorrow is also my eldest daughters 22nd Birthday, another reason to celebrate!)


I can almost feel the ground move. Worms waking up, and grass blades preparing to turn a sweet green. Very exciting!!


Now, I had originally intended to sell this "Slumbering Spring" quilt in my shop, but as I was taking the photographs I noticed a very small hole where some threads had broken in the fabric. Ugh.

After staring at it for a bit, I thought maybe I could darn it. Not a brilliant idea, (I realized a bit too late) as now I still have a tiny hole, but it's much more noticeable. Double ugh.


Sigh. If only this was one of my patched quilts, the solution would have been a no-brainer, but I really didn't want this to be a patched quilt. I like it as is.

BUT... I think that maybe the hole is a good thing. While it's keeping me from offering it for sale, it is making me think of other options... such as creating a pattern to sell for this quilt.


This has been something that I've been entertaining the idea of for awhile, (but also avoiding). I think this quilt would be perfect for such a project. What do you think?