Sunday, January 30, 2011

Journal Quilt No 2 - "ART"

My second Journal Quilt was actually finished Saturday, but I did not find enough time to post it ... Sorry !
I painted the letters on my pieced background, and added threadwork with white thread on top of the white fabric paint. The binding was done with an almost black knitting yarn and a strand of metallic white embroidery thread. And the final touch ... was done with Marabu Fun Glitter Glue! I put white / silver glue on top of my letters, and added a small red line of glue to the binding. On my blog you'll find a bit more information and more pictures of the process.
Even if this piece started of as a "use what you have"-project - after the background was done, I knew I wanted to add the word "ART". Art has become an important part of my life - therefore, it is "Highly Priced". Adding words / letters starts to intrigue me, so be prepared to see more of that in the future ;-))