Friday, January 21, 2011

Handsome in Blue Neonatal Quilt

A few posts ago I showed a little Pretty in Pink Neonatal Quilt, so now here is my Handsome in Blue version. Both are to donate to the local hospital. The guild I belong to is gathering the quilts in April but I wanted to be sure I had a chance to get a couple done so I did them now.
-
I made a quilt to represent each of my children -- a girl and a boy. I will say that these little quilts were so easy and fun to make though, I may end up getting another couple done before the April deadline, we'll see.
-
That's my son holding up the quilt above. Today was our third(!) school cancellation due to weather since school started again on January 11. So I guess my son decided that no school must mean that it's crazy sock day at our house. He is wearing one of my husband's socks and one of mine ...
Anyway, back to the quilt, I think my favourite squares are the little bugs. That is maybe an Alexander Henry fabric? I bought it when I was on vacation in Maine last summer. I bought an FQ for a friend who collects bug fabric, and I'm so glad I decided to get one for myself too.

The backing is a Rainbow Garden print from Prints Charming. It is so soft. I love the Rainbow Garden line and have a few other prints from it. I also used this same backing fabric on my Selvage Snowman quilt (which is at the long-arm quilters now!)
Here are the little pink and blue versions together. Each is just 20 by 24 inches. The squares are 4 inches each finished.
-
Happy Quilting!
-
And some linky fun ...

Fresh Poppy Design