Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snippets

I've only been sewing in the tiniest snippets of time lately -- ten or fifteen minutes here or there. I've actually been very busy working on a really exciting non-quilty project that I am looking forward to posting about once I have more confirmed details.
-
But for now I thought I'd show some little photo snippets of the sewing stuff I've been doing.
-
Above is some progress on my I Heart Selvage Quilting quilt. That is my selvage lattice. I had the idea to make part of the quilt look like an old-fashioned Valentine card with lace. Lace usually has lots of fancy curves in it that I didn't think would work well with selvages, so I went with straight-ahead lattice instead. I'm really pleased with it.
I've also been making some border bits for the same quilt.

Here's a pile in progress. These little bits are perfect to work on when I only have a few minutes to sew something.

This is a bit of progress on my blogland neighbourhood using the houses I won in a giveaway. That's my attempt at a street in the pic above. The yellow line was quite tricky to keep straight. It's a little under a 1/2 inch wide finished.

Then there are these things. I put the bobbin there for size comparison. I'm not making any more this small. This was just a little experiment (in frustration! ha!). My usual hexies are one inch hexies and those are the ones I will continue to make. I only work on them in the car when we're driving somewhere. It's a nice little take-along project.

I'm also trying to pick up a new good habit that I've read about on lots of other people's blogs. I am starting to cut my scraps into usable blocks and strips. I now have a bag of 4.5 inch squares, 5 inch squares and 2.5 inch strips.

And finally, just because this fabric was laying out when I had my camera on, here's some yardage I bought lately. I bought it off the clearance wall at my favourite fabric shopping spot. I'm really not too much of a flower person, but I am trying to expand my tastes. At $1.99/yard I figured I could take a chance.
-
Thanks for stopping by!