Sunday, January 30, 2011

confession time . . .

This is my safe place, right? No judging? Or at least, I can delete comments I perceive as judgmental. Just kidding!!

I still have Christmas decorations out.

There. I said it. And I don't care! I want the whole world to know!

Well, not really. But I do have my reasons. It's not because I haven't had time or that I'm too lazy. I've had plenty of time, and I'm *not* lazy. I just carry the spirit of Christmas in my heart all year long. And . . .

I
just
like
it.

Here's my Top Ten list of reasons why Christmas remains . . .

10. Removing the wreath from the front door would displace the wren (again).

9. Snowmen, and cardinals are all really winter decorations.

8. Holly, pine cones, and evergreen are also really winter decorations.

7. The colored lights on my front porch make it easier to find at night in the big woods.

6. Like the song says, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

5. My picture of the Last Supper stays hung year-round. Why not the Nativity scene?

4. I'm celebrating Christmas for the entire time it took the wise men to actually get to Bethlehem. And my wise men figurines 'travel' every time the washer/dryer runs. It's funny-- they always end up facing the same direction, next to each other, no matter where they've started from.

3. Deer outside, reindeer inside.

2. Because I can and it makes me smile (and my darling husband tolerates it).

And the number one reason why Christmas is still up here?

1. The Stocking Elves are still visiting!!

You'd still have Christmas up, too!

:)

[And ps -- it's not like my Christmas decorating was over-the-top, I promise!]