Wednesday, January 19, 2011

random . . .

Yesterday, after work, I traveled to Patches & Stitches, where they graciously allowed me to use their back room (which doubles as -- among other things -- a classroom) and lay the owl quilt out so I could pin baste it!

It took me about fifty minutes, but I used a pin on every corner of every square, so that the little bubble area where I tie it off would be perfectly flat! So I'll tie it off with my lovely green yarn, and then I think I've chosen which owls I'll outline quilt, to give the top some dimension. I'm not going to outline all of them -- and I will stagger them from row to row, to sort of create a little eye interest.

See? Isn't that yarn the perfect shade of green?!

I love the little fellow winking -- he will definitely be outlined!

And since the folks at P&S were so kind in letting me use their space, I *had* to return the favor and get some fabric . . .

I wasn't so sure about the BOM when I first signed up for it, but I am so in love with the fabrics I've chosen, I can't help but be excited!

Hola!

:)