Thursday, January 13, 2011

#2/2011 Art Journal Quilt Highly Prized: "Home"

click on photo to enlarge to see details

It's going to be interesting (to me) how many of these I turn out. My goal is two a month, but if I get on a roll, it might be more some months and less others. I give myself permission to do as much as my creative energy so desires!

My second journal quilt for the "Highly Prized" theme is my "Home"!
As I wrote on my Getting My Feet Wet Blog about this we went from being long time renters to home buyers 22 years ago. It was an unreal experience buying our first and current home. And paying off the 30 yr mortgage last year was even more surreal! But we did it and I am so proud!

Materials used: 3 more silk neckties, orange netting or tulle; embroidery floss and buttons.
I enjoyed using a new decorative stitch on my sewing machine and hand embroidering outlines around roofs, walls and window over brown felt. The buttons were from a big box set from Joanne's. There sure are a lot of orange buttons in that box!