Friday, January 14, 2011

I Heart Selvage Quilting: Progress

So, I've made a bit of progress on my I Heart Selvage Quilting quilt. The heart above is made up of eight inch squares and will be in the center of the quilt ... but it is very much "just the beginning" ... lots of experimental selvage fun to come.
I really like how the string blocks look in the heart.
These two log cabin blocks are already extras. I thought I might use them in the heart, but they really didn't look right. They'll probably end up somewhere else. I've got a couple of possible ideas.
These little squares will be going somewhere too.
And as a final note, I wore my selvage name tag to the quilt guild meeting the other night and I wasn't kicked out ;-) I even got a few compliments!
-
So here's a shout out to all the KVQG ladies who told me they've stopped by the blog. Thanks for dropping in!
-
Happy Weekend.


Making