Monday, January 24, 2011

by design . . .

When it comes to tying off a quilt with yarn, my motto is:
Walk softly and carry a big needle.


I mean a *really* big needle.

big, Big, BIG. And sharp, too. Ouch!

Down through the front, and then back up . . .


A solid knot and a quick snip . . .


Do that about twenty-five times and VOILA!

The tying is finished!

Luckily (not really -- by design) the batting I'm using has an 8" spread for quilting, so I could be finished with it if I desired. But I'm thinking that to add a little eye interest and dimension, I'm going to pick some of the single owls and outline quilt around them. Different ones on each row for character.

And then, I'll do a matchie-matchie pillow, just like this!

So, that's what I've got going on right now (or at least, that's what I'm concentrating on this week)! I hope to be able to show off the whole kit & caboodle next Monday. Curtains, bumper pads, crib skirt, quilt, and pillow. Whew!

For sure, you should head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times, and check out the inspired workings and goings-on of other quilters!

Today, me and Everett's Owls are headed over to spend a Monday (finally!!) with Sawyer!

Hasta la vista, bebe!

:)