Sunday, August 1, 2010

charming girls update!

Okay, time to take a look at the Charming Girls goals I set for myself for July/August, and see how I'm doing . . .

#1: To accept that things are the way they are, and to graciously accept the help of others. I'm working diligently on this one. :)

#2: To ensure that birthday and anniversary cards are sent out in a timely manner, as well as thank you notes! Yes! I'm caught up on all my thank you notes (which accumulate quickly when I'm living up to goal #1) and celebration cards!!!

#3: To continue to withstand the call of the vending machine at work. It's been three months since I last fed that stinker any money, and I'd like to keep it that way! (There's absolutely nothing healthy in it!) Okay, lemme 'splain. Just one day I purchased something out of it -- we got caught short one day when preparing my lunch. So, I bought a bag of chips to supplement. But NO chocolate. The machine doesn't seem to call as loudly to me anymore. Whew! It also helps if I just don't bring my wallet into work. LOL! :)

#4: To put the final touches on Sawyer's quilt and get it to him and his mommy!

#5: To finish the redwork squares (there are 10) that I started today. I think this is within the range of possibility. I like having handwork to do in the evenings! Yay! I only have one more redwork square to finish -- I'll have pictures to post tomorrow! This is such a happy!

#6: To work on the degree of motion in my foot. It's currently at about 20 degrees; I'd like to get it up to 50-60 degrees before I start physical therapy next month! I'm actually proud and excited about this one. I go back to the doc on Wednesday, and I have worked really hard to get a good range of point/flex motion in my foot. I think I've got it up to about 70 degrees!! It's really come a long way in the last four weeks! :)

#7: To organize (or at least develop a plan by which to organize) my quilting area in the RV to make it more user-friendly. Clutter is very discouraging to me!

The two goals that I haven't made any progress on are two that I can't even start until we're back into the RV. Hopefully that will be next weekend, if everything goes well Wednesday!!

Go, Charming Girls, go!

:)