Friday, August 20, 2010

flowers make me smile . . .

Yesterday started off on the wrong foot, pardon the pun. I was flustered, running late, unprepared, and in pain. Not a good combination! To make matters worse, I hit my tender foot getting back into the car, from opening the front gate. I was holding on to it just barely when Todd called on his way home, and my dam burst! I'm not even sure my end of the conversation was intelligible! Bless his heart, he is my knight in shining armor. I had been at work for less than an hour and my darling man shows up with breakfast, coffee, and lunch in hand (because in my lateness, I missed all of these things). Plus, he surprised me with these . . .

And just in case, he also brought a little something sweet . . .

FUDGE! :)

Needless to say, with flowers, chocolate, coffee and breakfast, all delivered with a hug and a kiss by the love of my life, my day brightened considerably!

We can be *so* silly at work!

From work I headed to my last physical therapy session of the week. I have three more regular sessions to go and then I have a re-evaluation. They all liked my pretty toes. LOL!

The ice with the electrons is my favorite part. I could sit there for EVER! :)

Yesterday evening, Todd and I headed back into town for the first worship service of a new church start, ignite city church. My daughter and her husband are part of the core group who make up this new church, and Todd and I wanted to worship and celebrate with them for their first service!

Joc is looking wonderful -- she is *glowing* And her darling husband is wearing one of my all-time favorite shirts. I laugh every time I read it!


This is Joc and her sweet friend, Amy, who is the wife of the new pastor, Robert!


And here's my precious girl and her daddy. It's hard to recall how rough yesterday started, when it ended with such sweet fellowship!

Tonight is Friday Night Sew-in! If you haven't signed up and you want to join in the fun, head over to Handmade by Heidi!!! Just click on the button below . . .


TGIF!

:)