Sunday, August 29, 2010

normal is *good* . . .

Yesterday was a GREAT day. It was normal. *I* felt normal! I made omelets and toast for breakfast, I did dishes, I cleaned the toilet, sink, and shower, I did laundry, I organized our closet and my drawers, I played in my sewing room . . .

I felt like I had my life back again!

Here's a current snapshot of the ol' foot:

Can you see it??? There's an ankle over there on the right side! Whoohoo!!! And look at how much the scar is fading across the top of my foot!!!

It's still puffy and there's still swelling across the back of the heel, and I *still* can't get it into a normal shoe, but oh my goodness, it looks *so* much better! In fact, when I compare a picture like this to the picture of this poor foot on May 21, 2010, I consider this to be a major miracle! :)

Physical therapy is coming along well. I have a reevaluation appointment on Tuesday. I don't imagine they'll cut me loose just yet -- I still have a very pronounced limp -- there's still plenty of strengthening that needs to be done. I can't balance on my right foot alone for longer than, oh, about 10 seconds, before it begins to scream at me!

You know what else felt good about yesterday? I was able to walk and hold my precious grandbaby!! I can hardly believe he's just two weeks shy of being SIX MONTHS OLD! Gracious. He's so much fun -- and *everything* goes into his mouth! And if there's not something to grab and put into his mouth, his hands will do!

In fact, it was tough getting a picture of him *without* his mouth being filled with one thing or another . . .






Okay, Grandma, here's ONE.

Oh my, how he melts my heart!

:)