Thursday, May 13, 2010

Little Summer Dress




I knew it would happen sooner or later ... I'd make something besides a quilt. My daughter's 3rd birthday is coming up soon, so I made this little dress for her. And don't worry, she doesn't read my blog ... the surprise won't be spoiled ;-)
-
I didn't have a pattern, but it is pretty much just a fancied-up rectangle of fabric. I don't know that it would flatter anyone much over three feet tall, but I am expecting it to look pretty sweet on my little Tessers.
-
I had some nice variegated thread left from my Attack of the Scraps Quilt, so I used that. I even put some extra non-required lines of stitches in so the thread would show ... and they are surprisingly quite straight too.
-
The computer screen is doing nothing for the colours of this. It just looks so vibrant in person. The main fabric has a rich, rich chocolate brown background, and I love the little scraps.
-
But a quilt is next.