Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Five Minute Scrappy Party Streamers

For my daughter's third birthday, which was this past weekend, my son (my decorating assistant) wanted streamers. He had just read a story about a party that had streamers, so, you know, they instantly became essential at ours.
-
Enter my scrap bin. I had lots of scraps left over from trimming squares for a string quilt. I thought they looked a bit like pennants, the way the edges were angled and pointy ... and it was perfect the way each piece was longer in the middle section and smaller at the ends -- a great scalloped look. They were pink and red predominantly, which was perfect for my daughter too.
-
I grabbed a pile and my stapler and started attaching them together. Each fabric piece was at least 12 inches long, so it didn't take too many pieces to make a nice streamer. Then I stapled them (gasp!) to the edge of the curtains. No joke, this took maybe five minutes for four windows and another two strips which I put over a picture and above the dining room entry.

And now, party over, they are back in my scrap bin unharmed to use another time for whatever.

My kids liked them and the party guests did too!