Thursday, May 6, 2010

A CAMERA!!!!

So *finally* I have a camera again! It's not my old one, because they called and told me that they couldn't fix it. So they gave me a new one instead! A better new one! :) The extended warranty paid off this time.

First picture I took?

My darling man! Just after breakfast, getting ready to head to work.

Here's the instruction book for my new toy. I've read it cover to cover.

Not. (What can I say? I'm a read-it-only-if-I-have-to kinda gal!)

Finally I can share things! Like these darling towels that I won in a giveaway . . .

They were made for me and my kitchenette, don't ya' think?!?


And here's all of the iris that were blooming at the house, when I went over there the other day. Or well, what's left of them . . .

These iris were salvaged from my Grandpa Wadleigh's garden in Maryland, after he passed away 13 years ago.

Joc plans to take some of the bulbs, and I want to bring some over here to MACOBA, too, to add to the hodge-podge of things already planted in unlikely places.

I love irises! They're so *frilly*!

This is the site of the future permanent home of our RV, here at Camp MACOBA.

And this will be the view out our picture window . . .



And this will be the walk out the front door . . .


This is the hole in the hedgerow from our site . . .


So we can make quick work of the walk to the pavilion on the other side . . .

There's more pictures of MACOBA and the things going on up here on its blog, which you can check out by clicking HERE!

Everything is greening up and so pretty! You can hardly see the RV from the road into the camping area it's getting so dense! But it's in there; you just have to look *really* hard! I like it this way, for sure.


Here's the current view out our front door . . .


And here we are! The bags are full of leaves . . . this is what we used to insulate around the RV during the winter. I'm *so* ready to get rid of them! I think when we move, we'll haul them off to be burned. Todd is working on getting all of our hookups ready, and we hope to be over there before Memorial Day weekend! That would be really great, because the campsite is supposed to be FULL that weekend.


Here's a picture of the pretty azaleas on the property . . .


And finally, for posterity, here's a photo of our 1988 Toyota Tercel. This car was my dad's commuter car (which he bought new in '87) until he gave it to me in 1996, right before I married Todd. Then Todd drove it for years, until he bought his Ranger in 2003. Then it was our trusty back-up car; whenever one of our cars were down, the Tercel filled in. It's been, as Todd likes to say, like the shoes on the feet of the children of Israel during their exodus. Never wearing down or falling apart!

We sold it a couple of weeks ago . . . the end of an era. But we really didn't want it sitting at the house while we're trying to sell, and we can't keep it up here. It was time. The nice thing is, the person who bought it is driving it around; it gets to be the main vehicle again!

Toodles to it, hello new camera!

Photos of grandbaby to follow soon . . .

:)