Saturday, May 29, 2010

Coming Soon to a Planet Near You ...

... or Coming Eventually is more like it. But I do have a plan now. This drawing is about as detailed as anything gets for me before I start the cutting and piecing. And since I know it's not abundantly clear from my artwork ;-) it's a robot. It my outline for The Robot Quilt listed under the Planned Quilts 2010 in the blog sidebar.
-
I think the quilt will be a lot of fun once I get started on it. I have a few fabrics picked out that I'll probably use. The problem is that I have more ideas than I do appropriate fabrics -- especially when it comes to wanting just a little snip of fabric to fussy cut. I have a few more pieces ordered. And I also have some others in my stash not shown here.
But to begin with, here are some of the metal fabrics to build the basic robot body.

Some geometric, space-age type stuff for who knows what.

Possibilities for the sky/atmosphere on another fantastical planet.
-
I'm looking forward to getting started.