Monday, May 10, 2010

Almost ... 58 of 63


Anyone who has stopped by the blog before has seen these blocks in progress. I finally decided that I need 63 for a twin-sized quilt (a layout of 7 by 9 with these 8 inch squares). I have 58 done, so the whole stack is getting put away for a while. I thought I'd leave the last 5 unfinished for now, as I have a friend who wants to trade some Halloween fabric with me, and maybe I'll end up with something great I that I'll really want to include in this.
-
The squares are just randomly placed in the pictures. The job of arranging them will come later. It is funny, as when I started making the blocks for this I envisioned it as a long-term project to just work on over the course of the year, but little did I know how easy and fun the blocks would be to make. No two are alike which should make for challenging games of I-Spy.
-
Now onto my new fabric pile to see what I can get started.