Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Welcome Home, Ellie Mae!


I am happy to introduce to you the newest member of our family, Ellie Mae.

We adopted Ellie 2 days ago from the Humane League, but due to their policy of spaying the dogs before releasing them, we weren't able to actually bring her home until today.

It has been 6 1/2 months since Mo passed, and I still miss her with all my heart. Everyday I talk to her photo, (and still sometimes cry) I feel Mo around me, and recently started to feel her letting me know that it might be time to welcome a new four footed friend into our home. I think Mo selected Ellie to be our new little love, for all of a sudden on Sunday morning I knew that I must get to the shelter, and so I drove 40 minutes through ice and snow covered roads. Not a rational thing to do, but there she was. I cannot express enough how sweet and laid back Ellie is. Thank you Mo.


Here Ellie Mae is all bundled up waiting for me to get my coat and boots on so we can go outside in the bitter cold... another blizzard is on the way... not a great time to convince a dog that outside going is the best way to go. (Her clothes are made from two recycled shirt sleeves and one sock.)

The shelter's vet estimated her to be 1 year old. She's only 7lbs. 10oz. pounds and apparently is a Dachshund/Chiwawa mix, which I found out is referred to as a "Chiweenie"! She was found wandering the streets of the city where we use to live... now she's a country girl. :0)