Monday, February 1, 2010

sew, sew, sewing my life away . . .

I do enjoy being a bit dramatic every once in a while!

Today is the first day of February; and here's my third finish of 2010! It's a baby quilt that I started, on a whim, on Saturday. I've had the fabric (it was a Moda charm pack) forever, and I just wasn't sure how to use it, beyond just sewing the squares together. I was inspired by a Dora S'mores quilt, by Me and My Sister Designs, which was done for the Helping Haiti: Silent Auction for Disaster Relief. You can see the original
here. Very darling and crafty. Why can't I think of things like that?!?!

Mine is a little different, mainly because I made it a four by four square, and I only used fabrics I had on hand (aren't I thrifty?), and I tied off the center blocks with white satin ribbon to make it look extra girly!

I've never done any tying off before; I didn't really use it a my quilting method. I machine quilted the whole quilt, and then I tied the bows, bringing the ribbon only through the top layer of fabric.
I don't know why this picture wanted to come in sideways, but it did and I'm tired of fooling with it. I did like the hot pink flannel I used on the back.
Mr. Flicker and Mr. Fox Squirrel are both making appearance out my back window right now. Enough of this computer and on to enjoy nature and a spot of tea for a bit, before I work on Sawyer's quilt!
Ciao!
:)