Monday, February 22, 2010

final shots . . . new week!

I know; late in the day and *gasp* I didn't even post yesterday! But c'mon -- I hadn't seen my darling sweet husband in forever, and quite frankly, I had things to do other than blog! :)

As promised, here's a finished look at the water-colored quilt. Well, finished as in the back has been stitched on the vertical and horizontal grids, the intersections have been snipped, and it's been pressed. Isn't it beautiful?? I am *SO* captivated by this process, and by the colors in this particular piece!

Here's the flip side. It's pretty too!

Here's our group of Stitchers! We are, if I say so myself, an incredibly versatile and talented group of women! We are minus Angie, who had to leave early for an honors band competition.

This is Patches & Stitches 2010 Block of the Month. Jackie was working on this. I loved the orange paisley! It screams summer to me (like, summer of 1968 and the shorts my mommy made for me)! Oooh . . . and Orange Dreamsicles. Yum. :)

This was what I worked on for the last hour or two before checkout. My free motion quilting! Yeah, I'm definitely not a pro, but it sure is less daunting and mysterious to me now. The other ladies at the retreat -- especially those down at our station -- were so kind and helpful! I had some tension issues, but I finally got it figured out! Who needs a manual when you've got friends with talent??? Anyway, I'm glad I'm at least feeling comfortable with this, since it's how I'm going to quilt Sawyer's baby quilt! I just have to remember: shoulders down, relax, keep hands moving, and BREATHE!

And speaking of our work station, this was the crew I sat and worked with. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed spending this weekend quilting (and laughing and eating and playing) with this wonderful group of women!

I'm signed up for next year already!

:)