Thursday, February 4, 2010

Make A Pillowcase, Make a Difference! I'm Participating!!

Have you heard about the 1,000,000 pillowcase challenge?
I am really excited about this. I am going to try to make a few of them this year. I've made one so far and it seriously took me 30 minutes tops.
I created a tutorial for it too!!
To make:
You will need,
 
1 yard main fabric.
1/4 yard coordinating fabric.
(which is on sale right now.)
  
Take your main fabric and cut two 21"x27" rectangles.
From your coordinating fabric cut two 21"x6" strips.
Create a hem.
Turn the edge over 1/4" an inch
Turn the edge over again then stitch on the hem. 
Sew the main fabric and the coordinating fabric together.
 
Attach your ric rac to each piece along the seam.
Stitch all the way around the pillowcase edges.
Turn right side out.
Walla!
I'm thinking about donating this pillowcase and more that I want to make to the Make A Wish foundation of Utah. I e-mailed the PR lady last night so I will hear from her today.

Don't miss our sale @ Piece N Quilt!
For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia

Bookmark and Share