Sunday, January 31, 2010

sunday, sunday . . .

We sang one of my favorite praise songs in church this morning; How Can I Keep From Singing Your Praise. The first line, "There is an endless song, echoes in my soul, I hear the music ring," completely captures it for me. Our worship team sang it as the special, and I know that the depth of the meaning of the words I sang were reflected by the smile on my face. :)

I finally found out who my Secret Pal had been . . . April! She gave me a really cute Vera Bradley set with a note pad/mouse, note cards, and a purse photo album (perfect for grandbaby photos), a gift card to Hancock's (!!!!!) and four baby-blue print fat quarters! Yay! She was a good secret pal and I enjoyed the round. I really enjoyed being a secret pal, and was happy Wanda (my recipient), was happy. *sigh* Happiness abounds!

Todd and I got home this afternoon and had leftover Minestrone soup that I made for dinner last night. I made it from a recipe out of a new magazine I found, Clean Eating. It was super good last night, and even better this afternoon; especially since it meant I didn't have to do any cooking. I popped it in the microwave for a simple reheat and lunch was served!

We then did something we've not done since we moved out here in early November. We took the coveted Sunday afternoon nap. I didn't realize how long it had been. In fact, I think this was the first time we've had an afternoon nap since we've been here! It would have been even better if poor Todd had not had to drive all the way back to church for a late afternoon meeting, but c'est la vie. It was a productive meeting, so I am not going to complain (especially since I'm not even the one who had to go)!

After dinner I worked one more strip of the baby quilt I'm working on. Tomorrow (Sew Freely Monday -- because I don't have to go to work) I'll finish that one up and start piecing the other baby quilt I'm working on. So many young women having babies in my life! It makes me smile.

The only detriment to a Sunday afternoon nap is that I'm not always really sleepy when it's time for bed. But Todd has already headed back, and he's on shift tomorrow, so I need to make the most of my cuddle time!

Buenos noches!

:)