Thursday, January 28, 2010

Favorite Part in the Quilt Making Process

Yesterday Marty asked me on Facebook, "What is your favorite part of making a quilt? Choosing fabric, cutting, sewing, applique, borders, machine quilting or binding?
This is a great question, it really made me take a step back and think about it. My response to her was, "Oh, really I don't know if I can choose! I love it all! I probably don't enjoy putting on borders the most but other than that I love it all!"


Later in the day I spent some time doing a little bit of applique by machine, which I really enjoy, it's my time to think, and I really started to think about her question. I thought about how borders are my one of my least favorites. Then I also thought about the fact that I've never actually bound one of my quilts. Kathleen has an industrial machine and she (lucky for me) attaches all of my bindings.

So here is my question to you, I think it'd be really fun to hear, what is your favorite part of making a quilt? Choosing fabric,
cutting,
sewing,
applique,
borders,
machine quilting
or binding?

Also, which of those is your least favorite?

Don't miss our sale @ Piece N Quilt!
For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia

Bookmark and Share