Sunday, January 24, 2010

home again, home again . . .

Just a quickie blog post to say we had a wonderful weekend! Yesterday morning we headed to Atlanta for my nephew, Michael Jr.'s wedding. He's Julia's step-son, and a really nice young man. He proposed to his beautiful bride, Erin, in July and they were married yesterday afternoon. They were married in the Catholic church and had a beautiful service, in Latin. It was fascinating. I was very thankful I was sitting next to one of Michael Jr's friends, who knew exactly when to stand, kneel, and sit! From the wedding we went to the Wimbish House for the reception. Very nice. Like, wow, very nice!

The bonus of attending the wedding and sharing in the celebration of this lovely couple, was reuniting with my sisters and parents and many of my darling nieces and nephews for the weekend! Plus we traveled up and back with James & Kim, and that was fun. This afternoon we had the buffet at Copeland's in Atlanta, and it was delicious!

I was also able to finish and deliver the rooster. Finally. I started this thing in September. I told my sister (I can't keep secrets) that I wouldn't make her wait until Christmas to get it; I'd send it on when I was finished. Uh, yeah. Pictures of it, the wild dancing that took place Saturday night at the wedding reception, and of my darling nieces and nephews are forthcoming.

I was half hoping my swap quilt would be waiting in the box for me when we got home, but not yet. I think that means it's coming from far, far away! :)

I've finally decided to succumb to this cold I've been fending off for four days. I'm spent. It will have its way with me. Thankfully, I do NOT have to work tomorrow!

Salud.

:)