Monday, September 20, 2010

KVQG Quilt Show Virtual Tour: Part 3 of 5

Still with me? Great. Because look what I've got to show today!
-
The photos above and below show Operation Jane by Rosa Robichaud of Saint John, NB.
Rosa has a blog too. It is called Rosa's World. I have been reading her blog for a while so I knew she would have this quilt at the show. It was great to see "in person" after following some of her progress in getting it ready for its public debut. It definitely had wow-factor!
Rosa's partner, Gilbert long-arm quilted this quilt. He has a new business called The 3A Quilting. I know Rosa was hoping that the show would help spread the word about his new venture and considering the amount of people I saw looking at this quilt in the 4 times (yes 4 times) I went to the show I bet it did.
Next up, Diamond in the Rough by Shirley Watson of Kars, NB.
And now, Trip Around the World by Janet Saunders-Cunningham of Gondola Point, NB. This is a pattern I'd like to try sometime.
Tall Ships by David R. Murray of Saint John, NB.
Friendship by Rose Lenehan. Look at that greenish turquoise colour!
Pretty, pretty, pretty. Peppermint Patty by Geraldine Reinders of Saint John, NB.
Okay, now for all you hexie fans out there, here is Grandmother's Flower Garden by Marilyn Craft of Rothesay, NB. The Quilter's Statement said it had close to 3000 pieces. Hmmmmm, so that means, looking at my own hexies I've made, I only have about 2900 to go. I wonder how many trips in the car and episodes of Wheel of Fortune that would take me to complete?
Love these colours. This is Tulip Dance by Phyllis Johnston of Quispamsis, NB.
Thimbleberries Village by Minnie E. Foss of Traceyville, NB. She both pieced and quilted it. Her Quilter's Statement said she is 82 years young.
Summer's Bloom by the Monday Morning Quilters KVQG of Quispamsis, NB.
This was the first quilt you saw when you walked in the show. It is Asian Peacock by Vi McLaughlin of Rowley, NB.
So I'll leave you to browse these goodies until next time.
-
Thanks for stopping by.