Friday, September 24, 2010

one-third . . .

Had a pretty good doctor's visit yesterday. She told me that the foot looks great (considering) and that the x-rays were great too -- she can't even tell where the breaks were! Yay for healing! That was the good news. The tough news was that I'm only one-third of the way through the healing process. She said that the bones take 3-4 months to heal and then the soft tissue takes another 6-8 months to heal after that. Because my injury was so traumatic, it's going to take the high end of both time frames. *sigh* She did put me on Mobic, an anti-inflammatory, and gave me new physical therapy orders.

I only teared up a little. LOL! No really, I did. :)

On the other hand, I've made tremendous strides since the accident first happened and I need to focus on the progress I've made instead of what's still to come! For example, two months ago I would not have been able to give Sawyer a bath in the bathtub! And we had *so* much fun!

He's such a waterbaby! He would have splashed and played for hours. I was the one who had to give it a rest!


And ever the ham! Look how big his hand is! I see future Alabama linebacker material here!


One day he may give his grandma grief over these pictures! But he's so darling, I can't help it!

This weekend is free and clear of obligations! We've got a family reunion coming in Saturday at the Camp, so that should be fun. Alabama is playing their first *real* game of the season, so we'll put on a pot of chili and enjoy some SEC football. Sunday, Todd's on shift, so it'll just be me heading to and from church. Then Monday ... who knows! Perhaps I'll be able to do a little quilting!

Or, since our washer/dryer is STILL not working, perhaps I'll head over to the house and do a week's worth of laundry!

C'est la vie!

:)