Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hello, My Dear Quilting Friends,









Hello to my Quilting Friends !!!!!!


Well, here it is Wednesday and everything I had planned out for this day, isn’t going to happen. ( Not feeling to good today.) Had to go to another thought of what I could do in my nest…, as today is an oxygen day!
After getting all settle in…. I popped into my DVD player two different CD’s I just purchased From Connecting Threads group! This DVD was on sale… and it hit all the areas of quilting that interest me. This is called: Quilters Circle... The Essential Quilting DVD collection

Awesome DVD. I have learned so many new techniques today. Learned more on the color wheel… and I thought I knew everything there especially that was once before I got ill, 4 ½ years ago…. What I did for a living. A hairstylist… and my passion was hair colors… highlights… I once used 7 shades of blond to create the most natural shade of blond. Sound harsh, but really it was so natural looking.

What I saw too, on this DVD was free motion quilting… that I truly love… yet it was very interesting to see some new ways…I have not even tried yet. Practicing is really the best way to get these designs down good. Then learned a lot of Thread Tension troubleshooting. As there are times I could actually scream, when the tension gets all-weird on me.

Now I can be a tension doctor LOL!

As I have been in bed, I am doing some English paper Piecing! I always have it all in a special container ready to work on, especially when I have these bad days.
Must say, as the evening is moving in, I am feeling better.
Now I wanted to express that I hear all the time of painting on your fabrics. Until today, I never thought that sounded so great… well I changed my mind. That was on that DVD and what I learned was how to do it all. Very awesome!

All of this has my mind spinning with thoughts for a baby quilt, and how I may apply some techniques too. MY daughter, went the doctors today...and her numbers doubled......and so far she is doing great!

Have a wonderful evening and try to get in some quilting!!!!

Hugs Morgan oxoxox