Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Charming Discovery

A while back I found this Pampered Pooch charm pack at a yard sale. The fabrics are cute, colourful, and have nice small patterns on them.

It only takes a second to evenly divide a charm into four little squares.

These little squares are just the perfect size to make into 1 inch hexies without any further cutting or trimming.

They sew up super quick.

And they accumulate!
-
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all these yet, but sewing them from charm squares makes getting to this point speed right along! (I'm sure others have discovered this too, but if I hadn't already had this charm pack just hanging out in my stash, I don't know that it would have occurred to me.)
-
Our provincial election is tomorrow, so I imagine I will make quite a few more of these little hexies watching the results come in on TV tomorrow night.