Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hanging at the Quilt Show

I'll warn you now, this is the first post of many, over the next week or so, about the KVQG show. I went this afternoon for a quick look around with my family, and will be going back solo, camera in hand, tonight.
-
I did manage to get a couple of pics this afternoon.
See the disco ball?! Could it be mere coincidence that my selvage quilt is near the disco ball??? I think not.
Me, the rule breaker. See, I am touching a quilt!!!! (Actually I'm only hovering my fingers ever so near it without touching. Everyone who enters the show is given a glove to wear should they want to touch anything, but I don't have mine on here.)
-
My parents were with us this afternoon so I finally got a pic of me with a quilt. (Thanks Mom!).
-
I didn't win anything. My son was saying I probably came in 28th place. LOL! I don't know how he figured that, but it was his conclusion anyway.
-
I'll take pictures of the prize winners with their complete info so I can show them here in another post. (I asked the quilt guild president if it was okay -- to both take the pictures and blog about them.)
-
Anyway, it is a very nice and inspiring show.