Wednesday, October 27, 2010

a wall cloud and a finish . . .

Yesterday was an exciting weather day! We were on tornado watch/warning for the better part of daylight. At one point, late in the afternoon, a particularly nasty storm passed through our county. From work, we were able to watch the wall cloud move past us, and I caught a pretty good shot of it . . .

I don't know that I've ever seen a wall cloud so clearly as yesterday. You could actually see lightning and rotation up in it.

All the storms were moving fast -- this one was going along at about 55 miles per hour. While it's reported that it did sport tornado touch downs a couple of times, there wasn't any extended damage in our county. I understand, however, that there were other areas in North Alabama that did get hit hard.

On a happier note, I did finish my Leaf & Acorn Table Topper last night!

This was such a fun little project. I'll give this one to my SP, but I believe I will go ahead and make a second for me. When I was cutting fabric for the leaf tops, I went ahead and cut the fabric for a second!

Instead of making it the same on both sides, I gave it a definite back by using a single fabric, the mossy green.

So there's the back, and following is the picture from the Art to Heart book that I used for the pattern.

This was the Easy Does It For Autumn book. There are *several* projects in here that I'd love to make -- such cute things!

:)