Thursday, October 28, 2010

playing with food = creative process . . .


I was sitting at work, playing with my food-- which I'm apt to do--and I arranged my candy corn like thus . . .
I don't know why; I just do things like that. It's worse with M&M's, because I have to arrange them in lines (and pyramid shapes) by color. Anyway, I digress. I was playing with my candy corn and for some reason, thought about the little leaf table topper I'd just finished.

If leaves and acorns made a cute, quilted table topper, how much more fun would a quilted candy corn table topper be, especially if your secret pal *loves* candy corn?!?

So I opened up Publisher and found a fun candy corn clip art, and created a concept picture.

Folks, I have the fabric. I can create the template. I do believe I know what I'm going to be working on this Saturday, at our stitch group's stitch-in!

And finally, because my day isn't complete without a new photo of my precious grandbaby . . .


:)