Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween Quilt Finish #3 -- Halloween Spidey String Quilt

So, the kids each have a Halloween quilt for their bed, and now I have one we can leave out on the couch. I showed this Halloween Spidey String Quilt a while back when it was just a top, but now it has been quilted (Thanks Tina!) and I put the binding on.
-
It is no secret around here that I love Halloween, so yes, I also love this quilt. It is about 56 inches square. (I can never find my measuring tape.) I love the bright fabric in this. It shows a more festive fun side of Halloween I guess, rather than a spooky, scary one.
For the binding I used these little pumpkins. The binding strips are actually scraps left from the backing of my son's Halloween quilt.

When I posted about this quilt previously, I showed the template I made for the center spiderweb section. If you're interested in seeing it, just click here.
I always have these aspirations of taking home-decorating-magazine-type photos with perfectly arranged quilts that look like they were ever-so-casually tossed yet landed perfectly ... oh well, I tried ...
Just for fun, some Halloween hexies. I have no plan for these other than they go into my hexie bag with all the others for a "someday" project.
-
Happy Weekend! Thanks for stopping by!