Saturday, October 23, 2010

lazy saturday . . .

It's absolutely lovely today -- I have the windows open to let in the most glorious autumn breeze!

Todd's on shift, so after making a run to the post office and securing the camp after the RA group left, I pulled out one of the new books I got for my birthday. Actually, my dear friend gave me a gift certificate to Patches & Stitches for my birthday, and I spent it last week! I got two Art to Heart pattern books. I really like their stuff. The books always have a nice variety of projects (from simple to more intricate), clear, easy-to-follow instructions, and good templates. The two I got were Tidings and Easy Does It For Autumn.

Anyway, I pulled out the Autumn book and started perusing the pages. There are so MANY cute and relatively simple projects in this book! One in particular caught my eye . . . it's just darling . . . I have the fabric already . . . let's DO it!

Aren't these guys cute? And then pair them with this group . . .

Just a teaser, for now. If it turns out nicely, it'll definitely be a Secret Pal gift!

I'd love to spend the afternoon working on this project, but I got a call from my son (whom I love even more), and they want to come up to the camp and take pictures of Sawyer and spend some time with me!! How lucky can a girl get? Plus, I hear that Sawyer is saying "Daa-daa" now! Can't wait!!!

And can you guess what kind of pictures will be on tomorrow's blog?

Life is GOOD!

:)