Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Incubating

I'm sorry for being so quiet lately. I'm stuck in one of those incubation stages. Sometimes something wonder gets born from these periods and it all seems worthwhile. However, sometimes nothing new seems to emerge, I go back to whatever I had been working on, and the whole incubation period feels like a colossal waste of time.


I walk around lost in my thoughts, trying to process shapes and lines, Like the ones I see in these old barn structures... but when I try to translate them into cloth I just seem to make a mess. This leads me to eat copious amounts of ice cream and potato chips, and wonder out loud why I don't drink more.


So please bear with me and my lack of blogging, as this is part all a part of my normal process... though I find it the most difficult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I do have a bit of stitching from someone else to share with you though...


This lovely piece was created by Kaye Turner of Stitching Life.


She offered it in a blog giveaway, and lucky me... I won! The stitching is beautifully done, and even tough it's intended as a bookmark I think it deserves to be hung on the wall.

You can find more of Kaye's wonderful stitching here