Sunday, March 20, 2011

Green and Blue Times Two

So, I kind of had to make a little neonatal version of my son's blue and green birthday quilt. I wanted to make a little donation quilt that a new baby's father would like (as well as the mom) -- something cute but definitely boyish.
I think this one fits. There are golf motifs in there, and soccer, and an airplane and a moose and deer.

I practised my quilting on this by adding some extra diagonal lines. I just eyeballed them, rather than marking, but it went pretty well.
Here's the back.
We went back to the qplex for the pics, but the wind was just not helping us out at all. In this pic you can see that the building is still under construction, but getting closer to being finished all the time!
-
I think this is likely my last neonatal quilt for this year. I have five now, three for girls and two for boys. I really enjoyed making these! And please forgive me if this is too corny, but it's true: when I was done this little blue and green quilt and was showing it to my three-year-old daughter, she took it from me and hugged it. She said she was putting a special hug in it for the little baby. (I tell my kids that I put hugs in the quilts I make for them, so when they are cuddled in them it is like having a hug from me). Awwww.
-
I'm linking up with Sew and Tell Friday. Just click the button below if you'd like to see lots of other great finishes from other quilty sorts!
-