Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hi I would like to introduce myself. I'm Barbara Harms




Hi All,
I'm Barbara Harms or the artist behind AsianArtAndQuilts http://www.etsy.com/shop/AsianArtAndQuilts?ref=pr_shop.
I am from Las Vegas and was a water colorist there, selling some of my work. But as a single Mom, my main focus was raising my children . They turned out to be wonderful people, who are grown and flown the nest! So for the first time, I have the time and circumstances to focus on my art full time.
I opened a shop on Etsy and it's doing well. Did I forget to mention that I have now transitioned to art quilting? It was a natural for me, I love quilting and art, the fusion of both is my perfect niche.
I especially love using silk painting and lots of applique on many of my quilts.
I've had some interest in my work, was a featured artist in a venue in Portland for the Portland Art Walk, a few other things along those lines.
One great side perk has been my art blog www.asianartandquilts.com. I started it to present my work as an artist and promote art quilting. I thought it would be very interesting to feature interviews with some awesome fiber artists and quilters. The people who have influenced and inspired me.
To my delight I asked [I figured the worst thing that could happen is they could say ;"no"] and some of my favorite quilters actually agreed! What a privilege that has been for me. I've had interviews with Karen McTavish, Diane Gaudynski, Lisa Call, Jean Wells Keenan, Tracy McCabe Stewart, Denise Tallon Havlan, & Ann Fahl . These are all artists I have long admired and getting to meet them online and hear them express themselves, WOW I am so in awe! They are such nice people as well.
I've also met some very talented art quilters on ETSY, whose work I really admire as well, 2 that come to mind immediately are Betty Busby & Terri Aske, both quite successful quilt artists.. You meet the nicest people in the quilting world.
Well hope this gives you a little run down on me, check out my work and let me know what you think, [well if you hate it, maybe you can keep that to yourself].


Barb Harms
http://ww.etsy.com/shop/AsianArtAndQuilts?ref=pr_shop.