Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blue and Green Birthday Quilt Finished

All done ...
... and in other news, do you see that perfectly co-ordinated building in the back? That is Quispamsis's new qplex, which is still being built. Yesterday was the first time I saw it with these colours put on the side. I had no idea it was going to look like this. We just drove in to have a peek -- and I was WOWED by how fabulous it is. It is so modern and cool looking. It will be amazing to hang out there when it is done. And of course those modern stripes inspired a new quilt which promptly got added to my to-make list.

But, back to the birthday quilt. I love it. My son loves it.
It is quilted with wavy lines in a variegated thread. It is bound with a lighthouse fabric which gives just a nice peek of red here and there. The backing is a raindrop fabric in light blue.
-
Happy Quilting!