Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday - Is it a Quilt or a Purse?

Remember this quilt? 

Well I had lots of scraps leftover and I made two little table toppers OR  two square baby quilts  OR  Two quilted squares!  Well what was I going to do with them?  On one quilt I had placed the squares at an angle.  I quilted one with meandering and swirly leaves and the other one I quilted with ribbon quilting.  They were pretty, but not very useful.
This was one of the Quilted Squares!
It was about 39" by 39".
It covered the top of a card table!

Wasn't very useful to me...

So I cut them up and turned them into purses....



































This purse has a velcro closure and the other one is just an open purse. One is mine and I sold the other one. I love my quilted purse, but I did not love my quilted square. 

Have you ever made a small quilt that just didn't have a use?  You can cut it up and make it into a quilted purse or bag!





I did it with this one too! This one is for sale at http://www.craftysewing.com
It was made from the mini rectangular quilt below.













I am working on another quilted purse made from a small quilt.  Anyone recognize the fabric?  It was from the 2010 Hoffman Challenge.  Nope!  I never entered it in the challenge. I hope to finish the quilted purse this weekend! If I finish it, I will post it next week on Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday. 

Thanks again for following along.  Leave a comment if you have ever made a purse out of quilt or would you like to do this in May? 

Don't forget the vote for Project Quilting - link on the side bar.