Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mendocino and FMF Neonatal Quilt

I think I have a new favourite neonatal quilt. I just love how this little strip quilt turned out. I hope it brightens a new mother's day! I used some Heather Ross Mendocino paired with a bit of Flea Market Fancy.
It measures 20 by 24 inches, which is the measurement for these little donation quilts that is specified by our guild. I cut the strips from fat quarters and there was very little waste (cutting the 20 inch strips from the 22 inch side of the FQ).

It is bound in the yellow seed fabric from the Flea Market Fancy line.
-
I quilted it with wavy lines in a pale yellow thread. Per usual, I just used the regular foot on my machine. I don't have a walking foot. The wavy line is a stitch on the machine, not my handiwork. I just try to hold the fabric flat and straight as the machine goes along. ;-)
The backing is also the yellow seeds from the FMF line.
-
This quilt was fast and fun to make. Our guild is gathering these little neonatal quilts to donate to the regional hospital at the end of April and I think I may have to make another one or two before then. I like this strip quilt version just as much as the little patchwork ones I made, so I may have to try another strip one.
-
Happy Quilting! And you may wish to stop by Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story ...

Fresh Poppy Design