Sunday, March 27, 2011

5th Journal Quilt

After I did some sketches in my sketchbook with "stippling-alike" lines, I thought - what about drawing like this on fabric? And so I did that. My cheap pen did bleed a bit, but not too bad. Some of the shapes (that's different to classic stippling - it's all about drawing connected shapes) were filled out in the next step. Today I quilted it - I would have liked to do some quilting that fits the Sketchbook Challenge theme "Spilling over", but nothing came to my mind that I liked. Oh well - so be it. I had the idea of adding some red to the piece, so using red thread for the quilting was a logical step. As I like the simple and clean look of grid quilting, I did that - and varied the width a bit. Last step was a red binding, done with 2 rows of satin stitching. And here it is - my 5th Journal Quilt!