Thursday, March 31, 2011

going on a road trip . . .


Not until the end of April, but I've got my name on the list -- and it was a close one!

Our guild does an annual bus trip to PADUCAH, and this year, with one slot left, I made my reservation. I'm so excited! I've wanted to go for four years; it's just not ever worked out. I'd determined that I WAS GOING this year when the signups first came out, but then life happened, and it's been crazy, and with the cut in hours at work, money for extras like this is a little harder to come by . . . so I thought another year was going to come and go without a trip to Paducah.

Todd & I talked about it last night, and he told me to GO!! So I hurriedly e-mailed the coordinator to see if there were any slots left (this trip fills up fast, and with over 300 guild members, there was no telling). I got an e-mail this morning that there was ONE slot left . . . my check was in the mail within ten minutes!! Hurray, I'm going to PADUCAH!

Evidently one of the big stops on this trip is Hancocks of Paducah. Rows and rows of quilting fabric? Okay!

Don't laugh, but what I'm really looking forward to? Finding and having my picture taken with . . .

QUILT MAN!

LOL! There's a story there -- I'll share it when I post my picture with him!

:)