Friday, July 15, 2011

Welcome to My Creative Spaces

Welcome! My name is Marcia. I am a professional long arm quilter.  I quilt customer's quilts five days a week.  I spend my free time creating, sewing, and quilting! I live and breathe and dream quilting 24/7.
The past few weeks I have gathered pictures of where I create and projects I have created.  I also decided to do links to previous posts where I have shared my creative ideas. 




One of my favorite sewing spaces is my sewing room at the River.  I have a beautiful view of the Mississippi River from my little sewing area in our camper.  I always kid around about our camper has a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, and a sewing room! 


Click here to see more photos of my "River Sewing Room"


Creative Spaces in my kitchen --- Where I make our meals look like quilts.  I create quilts even in my cooking.  Post about Lunch Looks like a Quilt to Me  and another post about our Second Annual Bean Week.  And one of my favorites   I See Quilts Everywhere!

and Post about the Quilts in My Garden.


My favorite Tutorial Posts about turning a quilt into at quilted tote bag.


PART ONE Turn a Quilt into a Bag


PART TWO Turn a Quilt into a Bag




Completed Quilted Tote Bag. Click on the Photo Gallery tab to see more bags.


Sewing at the dining room table.  I have entire finished basement for the quilting studio and sewing room, but my favorite place to sew is the dining room table.  Mom and I made woven baskets together.  Here is the link to that  When I am Not Sewing, I am Weaving  and  My Mom and Baskets.






The Quilt as You Sew Hot Pads are easy and fun to make!


Here I was working at the dinning room table making packets of 5 inch squares of the 30 Extra Wide fabrics that I carry online. Link in the side bar for the sample squares and post about making them here. 


I spend hours in my Quilting Studio quilting customers quilts.  As I said before I love it.  It really is a delightful passion... I could stitch all day non stop!




This is where I spend my days...




The posts in the right side bar about Getting Up Close to My Quilting will give you wonderful examples of my quilting. When you click on them you get the whole group of posts.

Thanks for stopping my to see by creative spaces....  Come back again soon....



P.S.I am currently at the Hospital with my Mom - as she had surgery yesterday -- click to see the updates in the side bar.  Thanks!  Marcia