Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Spy Quilt Pillow

 Per my idea to sew some smaller things this summer, I made this little I Spy pillow to go with the recent monster-sized I Spy quilt I made.  The pillow is made up of 25 squares of 4 inches each.
 Even though it's quite small, there is lots of I Spy potential I think because I really tried to go for a good variety of fabrics.
 This little beaver is the kids' favourite.  I guarantee that "the beaver" is the correct guess if either of them are spying something brown.
-
Also in this photo, you can see the herringbone/baseball stitch I used to quilt it with.  I really like how it turned out and I think it added some interest to this little pillow.
 Here's the back. 
 It's bird, it's a plane, it's Super Pillow!
I am thinking this would make a perfect Christmas gift -- it is handmade, can be personalised by choosing very specific squares for each child, and doesn't take near the time a quilt does.  If I made it again I would try a slightly bigger pillow form, so I could use 36 squares.  With 36 squares I think there would be tons of I Spy fun packed into it. 
-
Thanks for stopping by.  Since it's Tuesday, I'm hanging with some other fabric-lovin' friends over at Fabric Tuesday.
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U