Saturday, July 9, 2011

Floating Lilies!

I love blues.. When the challenge came out for Project Quilting, I decided I was going to make my quilt with some of my favorite blue fabrics.  I love blues...  I have heard that seeing the color blue causes the body to produce chemicals that have calming effects on a person.  Maybe that is why I love blues so much.  Some of the blue fabrics are from Chris' Dye Candy Fabrics.


I took this photo on my Mom's blue sofa.  I made this quilt with the idea that I would use it as a table topper, but my Mom likes it on the back of her sofa.  Both Mom and I love blues. The quilt could be used as a pillow topper on the head of a bed. It could be a wall hanging too. I just feel so calm and relaxed about it, that I would just use it anywhere!    

I finished the binding last night here at my Mom's house.  I took the final pictures this morning.  Gabby and Toby wanted to poise with the quilt too!


I took pictures of all the steps from start to finish.  I will post them this week while I am here with my Mom's house.   I will explain the construction process.  You may want to make the delightful floating lilies, so I will share it.

Another photo of Gabby and Toby.








I video tapped the quilting of one of the blue lily flowers.  It is about a 2 minutes long video.



What's your favorite color?


Marcia