Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hi from Sharon

Hi, Sharon Rotz here from central Wisconsin. I'm excited to become part of The Art Quilt Blog.

I've been sewing for way too many years to count, learning as a young girl in a local 4-H club. From there I went on to college in Home Economics Education. I've had many years of experience pushing fabric through a sewing machine making just about anything that could fit under the needle.




For the past several years I have been part of the vast quilting community, teaching quilting, and writing patterns and books. I love to try to new ideas and find myself constantly pushing on the box making it bigger and bigger to encompass all of my new directions.

I find it challenging and rewarding to find ways to effectively use commercial fabrics in my quilts. How can I take another's fabric design and make it my own?

Please join me as I explore quilting here on The Art Quilt Blog and on my blog. You can also visit my website www.bysher.net.